Thursday, May 27, 2010

Something Old and Something New



Well, I couldn't resist taking home another piece of Korean furniture. I've always wanted a chest with some carving or inlay work, so we found this nice piece that is hand carved with scenes of old Korean games that you see in parklands. We intended to buy just one, but then another one caught our eye, with the rice paper lined lattice work and old brass adornment. I was trying to count in my mind's eye how many pieces of Korean furniture we have back home, and I think these will make 16 or 17! haha. I love it!

5 comments:

mamapickle said...

don't let the kids by that rice paper. I still want to poke holes in them! Don't know why that is such a pull. They are beautiful

Mary Perriton said...

The front is protected by glass!

Alana, Brian, Hailey & Dakota said...

Wow, I love that one, it's so beautiful! Thanks for the great Cheonan trip last week! It was like vacation to go somewhere so beautiful with you!

Marsh Family said...

oooo' those are beautiful! I treasure the piece you and Mom and Dad got for me for my graduation. Thank you!

Nate P said...

I'm a little partial to the pearl bedroom set we saw...