Sunday, March 28, 2010

Duck Party




We woke up the other day to a flood in our basement - about 2 inches of water and a steady stream of water coming out of a hard-to-get-to piece of concrete. Fortunately, most things were already up off the floor or set up on pallets. But my cases of wedding ducks that I bought for future wedding gifts were sitting in the water, and the water had seeped up and pretty much soaked the bottom couple of rows. A few are beyond repair, but the rest are hanging out on the dining room table drying off. An outside pipe was found broken and repaired without having to dig up the whole yard, so that was good. I guess another time this happened, they had to dig down 3 feet below the foundation to find the leak! I should have wondered why everything was up on pallets down there!

2 comments:

Helena said...

I got ducks for all my siblings. One sister hasn't gotten married yet, so her ducks are still up in my closet.

We had a little set on top of our wedding cake.

mamapickle said...

The surprises never cease :)Reminds me of the flood we had in Chatham and so much of my stuff got totally ruined.